Sunday, September 4, 2011

Give this man a contract extension!!!

Come on Cards. Don't let this guy leave the team. Franchise player by definition, by heart of the fans, and by deed. The Cardinals would be making a mistake not to secure his services through the rest of his career.


He may be having a down year now, but you would only notice the numbers if they weren't being produced by Pujols. Over his first ten years, he has been selected to by on the All-Star team 9 times. That's incredible. Only missing one year?!? At the end of last year he led the league's active players in avg., slugging, and obp.

Please don't let me get a sweet black border Allen and Ginter mini with Pujols in a differnt uniform next year. Sign the man.

4 comments:

  1. I think he might like Cleveland ! ( Like they would spend that much, they wouldn't even keep C.C. or Cliff Lee )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he would like playing more day games. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Chef! He wouldn't look right anywhere else. Plus it would break my son's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hackenbush, I have alot of friends here in Chicago that tell me the same thing. lol.

    Should the cards give Pujols to the Cubs (while it would certainly help my local team), I would have to become solely a Royals fan. Oh God . . . that would be horrible.

    ReplyDelete