Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Sorting of 5000: 1992 Topps

Man oh Man,

As I continue to look at these players from my sophomore year of high school I recall those days with nostalgia, and wistfulness. Both of those vices reside in the realm of age, never visiting the young man. But boy, our first player is one of the big ones from my youth. He wasn't really on my radar until he played for the dreaded Yanks.


It wasn't for a couple of more years and alot more Big Mac's that Wells really reached his dominance. For some reason his perfect game stands out in my head as significant. Perhaps I had just started watching Sports Center seriously, not sure. Did love watching his dominance of the era, and this is my first card of his. Somewhere in this box of 5000 I bet there's more ;)


Woo Hoo another great player! All I remember about Palms here was his amazing mustache at different points along his career. It wasn't until I was looking at the back of this card that I remembered he started life as a Cubbie. This year he led the league in doubles, and the year before that he led the league in hits. This year on 7/2/91 He belted his second homer in one game for the second time that week!


Another sweet catcher in action pose card from Topps. I am a fan. Charlie here played for eight teams, won the World Series in 1995, and caught for 11 Cy Young Pitchers. He invented the newfangled hockey masks that catchers wear because he got tired of gettin' dinged by foul tips. On a personal note, his son players for the Wichita State Shockers, a very good team located near my grandparents in Hutchinson, Ks.


Donn "the Pope" Pall pitched around the league for 10 years. He is currently a community rep for the White Sox. Once a shout-sider, always a shout-sider.

6 comments:

  1. Email me your mailing address (tessierthomas at yahoo dot com). Pulled these off your 2012 Topps Wants: Golden Greats 15, 20, 61 and Golden Moments 43, plus the Ozzie cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article!!! I like this website so much it's really awesome.I'm just waiting for your next update to come as I like all your posts. Recently jobnews24 post: Bangladesh bank jobs thanks for share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a Really Good Article. It is Amazing. Thanks for sharing this article.
    Check more Latest Jobs Circular

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a great information with us. Your Post is very unique and all information is reliable for new readers. Keep it up in future, thanks for sharing such a useful post.
    Here Is Daily Latest Updated Mobile Price for Bangladeshi People Who are looking for mobile price all to buy smartphone. I hope you guys will be like this Mobilepriceall Website. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete