Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Sorting of 5000: 1992 Topps

Continuing along. A couple of nice ones collated.


This is the last year for the veteran catcher. In what was a rather lackluster 18 year big league care he still managed to win the big one with the Royals in 1985.  Now he is a bench coach for the Chicago Cubs and promises to help pull that team out of the doldrums. I like this action photo Topps has chosen for his card this year. Catcher's always seem to have the best photos in my opinion.


Besides a couple of interesting book ends to his career recounted on Wikipedia I always felt that this guy below was the better of the two.


Gotta love Twicki.


Bill was drafted by the Brewers in 1981 and played all of his eleven years with that team. His career year happened in 1991 where he won 15 games and had a 2.84 ERA. Something about that old uniform I think is sharp.


This is my second card posted with Mickey here. In the earlier post I attached a video of his fruit loop commercial, a short fad. Somehow I don't think that lump in his cheek is fruit loops?

No comments:

Post a Comment