Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Topps Series 1 Insert Review: Golden Greats

While this certainly isn't my favorite design of the series, the subject matter of some of the cards saves it for me. Speaking strictly to the design, once again the weird brown-orangey border looks horrible. The large seal in the lower right reminds me of something from the federal reserve. Now, I realize this is the "gold" themed set, I just don't know why Topps chose to evoke this notion with stodgy design.

The plus is the sweet photos of Nolan Ryan, Cal Ripken, Albert Pujols, and so many more. I will never have baseball cards by most of these people, and it is cool to get great looking photos of them in my collection. The "technicolor" effect on a few of them is over-done, but over-all it was fun to look at.



Grade: B-


I have a few extra for trade, and need a few to finish my set. Check out my Haves/Wants list to see if we can help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment